Thursday, November 29, 2012

Emeli Sande

I'm currently obsessed with the music and lyrics of Emeli Sande.
 
 
 
You've got the words to change a nation, but you're biting your tongue
You've spent a life time stuck in silence, afraid you'll say something wrong
If no one ever hears it how are we gonna learn your song
let's get the tv and the radio to play our tune again
it's 'bout time we got some airplay of our version of events
(Read all about it part III)
 
 
When the end has come and buildings falling down fast

when we spoilt the land and dried up all the sea
when everyone has lost their heads around us
you will find him, you'll find him next to me

(Next to me)
 
 
'Cause when you've given up
When no matter what you do it’s never good enough,
When you never thought that it could ever get this tough
That's when you feel my kind of love.
And when you're crying out,
When you fall and then can't pick your happy off the ground
When the friends you thought you had haven't stuck around.
That's when you feel my kind of love.
 

(My kind of love)

 
See the times are changing, and I'm sure of nothing that I know
Except this is us, and this is love, and this is where I'm home
(Where I sleep)
I'm from a generation undecided
I'm restless and I can't help changing things
 
But in all the noise and the excitement,
your love is all that will remain
(Where I sleep)
But if you're too proud to follow rivers
how are you ever gonna find the sea?
 
(River)
 
 
 
I hope we start seeing forever
Instead of what we can gain in a day
I hope we start seeing each other
 
Cause don't we all bleed the same
I really hope someone can hear me
That a child doesn't bear the weight of a gun
I find the voice within me to scream at the top of my lungs
I just hope I'm not the only one
Call me, call me a dreamer
But it seems like dreams are all that we've got left
(Hope)
 
 
First 4 images by Henry Bourne from here. Last image from here

2 comments:

  1. I am intrigued Carina...I am off to find her music...loving the lyrics. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Carina

    You're right! Emeli Sandé has an amazing voice! 'Read all about it' is one of my favourites! Have a lovely week ahead! Warm hugs, Manuela

    ReplyDelete