Monday, November 11, 2013

October Cookies

Better late than never. I haven't had time to post my October cookies yet. It's not that I believe you are all holding your breath, waiting for my next baking adventure to go online, but it would be great if I manage to post my November cookies before the end of November. Fingers crossed!

But back to October. I feel that my year of cakes and my year of cookies are an endless line of 'nailed it' episodes:-) 

Here's the image from my Pinterest board:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/2674081002266139/
 
 
and here's my attempt
 
 
If you'd like to try them - they taste really good - here's the recipe:

Thyme & blackberry jam thumbprint cookies:

Makes 16-17 cookies

125 g butter, softened
1/4 cup (50g) sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 teaspoons finely chopped thyme leaves (fresh is best, but freshly dried thyme works too)
3/4 cup (105g) flour
1/2 cup (50g) cornflour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup (35g) almond flour (ground almonds)
Approx 1/4 cup (60ml) blackberry jam

Preheat oven to 180°C.
Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and thyme in a medium bowl using an electric beater or wooden spoon. Sieve over flour, cornflour and baking powder, add almond meal and mix well to form a soft dough.

Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, place onto the tray and flatten just a little. Flour your thumb and press into each dough ball to create a little indent. Fill each with a little jam and bake for 10-12 minutes or until just a little bit golden around the edges and the jam bubbling up.

Remove from the oven and set aside to cool on the tray.


Recipe slightly altered from here

1 comment: